In this article, I am sharing my knowledge which I got from my experience regarding how to convert MBOX files to NSF Extension for Lotus Notes manually or alternatively. I am doing this because I would like to help needy person and frequently I have seen that many persons are in trouble to convert MBOX files from their supported email client to Lotus Notes. Now let me explain about it in detail –
Before describing MBOX files to Lotus Notes conversion manually and alternatively, I want to explain about why users do that and reasons to export MBOX to NSF.
Reasons to Import MBOX Files into NSF
As we know that MBOX files are supported by many email clients such as – Thunderbird, PocoMail, Postbox, Spicebird, SeaMonkey, Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, etc. while NSF is supported by Lotus Notes which is introduced by IBM. Reasons to import .mbox files into .nsf may be professional features of IBM Lotus Notes which are not available in mbox based email clients, changing profession field where there is demand of Lotus Notes, interest in switching email application etc. Now the question that occurs now is how to convert MBOX to Lotus Notes manually which is given below –
How to Convert MBOX to Lotus Notes Manually
To Convert MBOX data into Lotus Notes Manually we have to collect all .mbox emails in .eml extension because Lotus Notes supports .eml extension to save single message and for that you have to follow the given steps –
- Firstly Download Thunderbird email client.
- Then install Import/Export Tool in Thunderbird
- Now import all .mbox files in Thunderbird by Tools Menu >> Import/Export Tools. Otherwise you can copy all .mbox files and paste at the store location of Thunderbird. (For going to the message stored location, open thunderbird and go to help menu >> Troubleshooting Information >> Show Folder. There will show the path of store location then follow it.)
- Now re-open the Thunderbird. Now you will see that all .mbox files are there. Now select file and drag and drop at any location. The dragged file will be saved in .eml format.
- After that open Lotus Notes and import all .eml files which you got from dragged and dropped method in Lotus Notes.
Note – You can also save all dropped .eml files in Lotus Notes by drag & drop method again.
The manual process will help you to save all MBOX files in Lotus Notes by eml files. There are few drawbacks of the manual conversion of MBOX files to Lotus Notes, which are loss of data, time wasting, very confusing, etc. But if you would like to directly & quickly convert MBOX to NSF you have to go with alternative method that is –
To safely, quickly import MBOX to NSF Lotus Notes directly, utilize the MBOX to NSF Converter that can help you to convert MBOX to NSF without mislaying the data. By using the method, you can import multiple MBOX files to Lotus Notes at once.
To know about How to Convert MBOX to NSF Lotus Notes, the solution will help you with that too as it also provides trial version, which is absolutely free of cost. With Free demo, you can import 25 Emails of MBOX to Lotus Notes at free of cost. Then you can decide whether it will suit you or not. If you have attachments then it will also convert MBOX data to NSF with attachments and images. Here are available both process – manual and alternative. Now decision is yours that which is exact for you so try and convert MBOX files from Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Postbox, SeaMonkey, Spicebird, PocoMail, etc. to Lotus Notes.