The Thunderbird is a mature product certainly as Windows Live Mail for enjoyable and most useful communication application. The Windows Live Mail provides a facility to “drag & drop” an email from Inbox but Thunderbird doesn’t have this facility. Thunderbird supports MBOX format to save emails and can easily export them but not as easily as Windows Live Mail.
Thunderbird has a global folder structure and any account can be directed to the local directory. To make Thunderbird powerful, there are a number of plug-ins and extensions from the Mozilla family. Thunderbird displays contacts in main window while no such option is available in Windows Live Mail. Mozilla Thunderbird supports many features like – scheduled backup, scheduled message sending and multiple platforms while Windows Live Mail isn’t suitable for these features.
Why users want to Migrate from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird?
For above features, users have interest to Transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird. The Windows Live Mail application is by default combined with Windows 7 operating system developed by Microsoft Foundation while Thunderbird is an independent and freeware email client that can be installed on any operating system. Thunderbird platform is the main reason to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird.
What is the requirement of a third – party tool to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird?
Windows Live Mail supports to save emails in EML format that doesn’t support to export email messages from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird because it saves emails in a mailbox in MBOX format. For a large amount of Windows Live Mail files, a manual method won’t be suitable to transfer into Thunderbird if this exists. So, a suitable external help is needed for the migration of emails from EML to Thunderbird MBOX format.
The Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird Converter program is present in market that is perfect for saving time in the entire procedure to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird. It has some more characteristics to fulfill users’ needs for the migration which are as follows:
- It prefers to save time during process so it offers an option i.e. batch mode conversion to migrate multiple emails in one round process.
- It preserves entire details of emails like – read/unread status, metadata, sending & receiving dates, color layout, font style etc.
- It also supports for the preservation of emails formatting and folder structure.
- Emails are converted not only with their whole details but also along with their attachments by safeguarding.
- It isn’t needed to configure Windows Live Mail on your machine to perform the process and it can be run on any Windows OS platform.
If any user still has confusion about how to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird or is this software good, then click on this link & try the migration process >> http://www.emltombox.org