I assume that there will be many users like me, who face difficultly in configuring a POP3 account in Outlook. Which is why I share my experience & give you an easily understandable guide for creating POP3 account in MS Outlook?
2. Now Go to Email Tab >> New
3. Now Tick on Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP option then Click on Next –
4. Select manually configure server settings or additional server types then Click on Next …….
5. Choose Internet Email Option then Click on Next ….
6. Now you need few information for server settings-
- Your Name – Name of your company or your own name –
- Email Address – Your ID (it will be anything like – XXXXX@gmail.com)
- Account type – POP
- Incoming Server – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – email@example.com
- User Name – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password – it is depend upon you
After filling this information, click on More Settings ….
7. Now go to Outgoing Server Tab then tick on My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication ……
Now Select Log on Using option then enter user name (XXXX@gmail.com) and Password then click on OK …….
8. Now Next then Finish –
9. Now there will appear a window where you can easily see that the new POP3 account has been created now Close